- 1 Buttocks Augmentation
- 1.1 How is this surgery performed?
- 1.2 What type of implant is used for buttocks augmentation?
- 1.3 How long will the surgery take?
- 1.4 How long will my recovery take?
- 1.5 What am I to expect after my surgery?
- 1.6 I practice sports and train hard, will I be able to return back to my usual physical activities after the buttocks augmentation surgery?
- 1.7 I already had buttocks surgery in the U.S. and I am very disappointed as implants look like two balls and also they are noticeable under the skin, I also feel pain in the zone. Can you do something for me?
- 1.8 It is possible to have implants rejected by my body?
- 1.9 My backside is very small and kind of flat, may I get real noticeable big buttocks?
- 1.10 Will my buttocks appear to be natural or really, they will be easily noticed?
- 1.11 I have narrow hips. Is it possible to widen them with this surgery?
- 1.12 The whole context buttocks-hips are the ones to create curves, roundness and beauty.
- 1.13 Can men opt for this surgery or is it just for women?
- 1.14 I have been told buttocks augmentation surgery is not recommended because implants are likely to slide down or get out of place. Is this true?
Technically known as augmentation gluteoplasty, buttocks augmentation is a surgical procedure to increase the size and shape of buttocks. Both female and male patients can opt for this surgery.
You may choose to undergo buttocks enlargement for a number of reasons:
- To increase buttocks volume caused by poorly developed muscles.
- To achieve firmness and definition of buttocks region.
- To obtain a mild buttocks lifting effect.
Important facts that you should know about the Buttocks Enlargement procedure:
How is this surgery performed?
You’ll probably wish to discuss the pros and cons of the surgery with your surgeon beforehand to make sure you fully understand the implications of the procedure he recommends for you.
Surgeons will make a small incision at the crease of tailbone approaching submuscular planes, creating bilateral pockets where soft cohesive gel implants will be placed at.
There are two types of implants to be used for this procedure: solid and cohesive; first type is made out of an elastomer, kind of rubber, not used over here due to their rigid structure which prevents sub-muscular placement.
Anatomical designed buttock implants made of soft cohesive silicone gel are the only type of implants to allow a successful final outcome. They are safe, have natural adjusting capacity yet very strong and resistant, they feel natural allowing patients to have a normal life.
Trying to use breast implants and other inappropriate implants in buttocks is an entirely wrong decision as stress on buttock implants caused by sitting, walking and running is totally different from the one breast implants were designed to endure. We use high quality implants that are designed for the amount of wear and stress that buttock implants receive.
Buttock implants must be placed deep under the muscle where they look, act and feel natural. We have seen many problems from surgeons who do not have adequate training in this procedure, placing implants just under the skin which cannot work long term. Our medical staff has gained vast experience through years of practice in this area. South America gives much importance to good developed buttocks and in this part of the world this procedure has for long been required, i.e. buttocks augmentation is a long tradition surgery for us, not a temporary fashion boom.
What type of implant is used for buttocks augmentation?
We prefer to use soft cohesive silicone gel implants. The term “cohesive” means that the high technology filling substance of implants adheres together avoiding migration in the remote case of rupture.
How long will the surgery take?
- Buttocks augmentation surgery usually takes two to three hours.
How long will my recovery take?
- Immediate post surgery recovery takes 12 days allowing you to return home after this time in the understanding that a complete recovery period will take a whole month and sometimes even a bit longer.
What am I to expect after my surgery?
Like any other plastic surgery, you are likely to feel discomfort, restless and probably somewhat tired of resting on your abdominal region. Muscle contraction is one of the typical signs patients refer when having undergone buttocks augmentation. Your muscles become stretched by implants pushing against them which is interpreted as a strong pressure in buttocks region. Most of your discomfort can be controlled by medication prescribed by your doctor.
A post-surgery garment must be worn straight after surgery which will help getting rid of inflammatory process as well as helping implants and healing process to settle properly. Post-surgery garment will be recommended during 45 days which is the time needed for implants to become wrapped by capsular tissue.
I practice sports and train hard, will I be able to return back to my usual physical activities after the buttocks augmentation surgery?
Absolutely! Buttock implants are designed to resist strong impacts and stresses. Patients continue their normal lifestyle and all of their daily activities, including sports practice; however we recommend waiting 3 months until complete healing of internal tissues.
I already had buttocks surgery in the U.S. and I am very disappointed as implants look like two balls and also they are noticeable under the skin, I also feel pain in the zone. Can you do something for me?
Many people with problems just as yours visit us. Rigid silicone implants placed under the skin produce wrong results and further complications. These cases are to be corrected by removing old implants and placing new cohesive silicone gel implants underneath the gluteus maximus muscle.
It is possible to have implants rejected by my body?
Our experience and deep knowledge of the subject allow us to assure rejections are caused by:
- Incorrect placement of implants.
- Wrong election of size of implants.
- Use of breast implants rather than especially designed buttock implants, not only because of their shape but also because of their strong resistance.
- Use of rigid silicone or semi hard elastomer implants.
- Seroma development which is minimized avoiding too much internal bleeding during surgical operation.
- Lack of following prescribed post-operative rest and instructions like overdoing it, having sex too early after surgery, and in general putting too much stress on the affected area during the first days of recovery period.
My backside is very small and kind of flat, may I get real noticeable big buttocks?
We work for our patients’ satisfaction and within the possibilities offered by their body structure, we do our best in order to achieve the maximum volume increase.
Some people wanting an extra large size opt for changing implants after one year, when skin and tissues will have expanded enough as to allow bigger implants to be fit.
Will my buttocks appear to be natural or really, they will be easily noticed?
One of our major achievements regarding buttocks surgery is to have developed precise approach in implants placement resulting into volume and enhancement yet natural and non detectable. Deep insertion underneath muscles allow for far away distance from surface where only beautiful lines will draw new volume and size.
I have narrow hips. Is it possible to widen them with this surgery?
Although buttocks implants correct poorly developed muscular structure, hips are part of your bones structure, however very related with each other. Buttocks area is very wide and can actually reach very close to hips too. Correct implants placement could also expand sideward as well, Of course, this does not mean you will have a couple of humps at each side.
The whole context buttocks-hips are the ones to create curves, roundness and beauty.
It is also important to always take into consideration a body natural limitation which means we work within our best intentions to produce as relevant possible results, allowing for bodies to do not go further than their actual possibilities.
Buttocks increase of volume cannot only be appreciated as a protruding mass of flesh projecting itself only backwards. In fact, hips circumference measurements also increase when having buttocks augmentation. The idea is to create a nice rounder figure, with much more curves to it.
Implants placement also plays a very important role when taken to maximum possible edges as muscles allow it, in order to obtain a whole context much more within harmony.
Can men opt for this surgery or is it just for women?
The number of men interested in enhancing volume of buttock has considerably increased during the last years as genetically this area shows a poorer muscle development in males. Men are becoming more and more concerned of the importance well developed backside muscles means for the whole body harmony and balance.
I have been told buttocks augmentation surgery is not recommended because implants are likely to slide down or get out of place. Is this true?
The problem you mention is the result of wrong surgical technique and the type of implants used in the procedure. This problem occurs frequently when solid silicone implants are used, being placed underneath skin; this approach is destined to produce great discomfort and implants displacement.
When placing soft cohesive gel implants among medius and maximus gluteus muscles, they will remain trapped in between muscles, being minimized the risk of displacement or movement.
This article is for information purpose only