Maternity period is time during and after the birth period of any child. These time period can be very hard for different women. Hospitals have devoted a whole lot of sections for mother and her new born care centers to give proper security to the mother and her new born. Mother’s health has a very important affect on child’s health. There have been different researchers how maternity periods effects mothers and children. Becoming a mother is like discovering new things and new world, everything changes when you become a mother and give birth to any child especially the first one.
As everything changes, of course, for many new mothers their emotional changes as well. There are different effects, good and bad, which occurs once any woman gives birth to their first born. Below is the list of side effects of pregnancy.
Normal Side Effects of Pregnancy:
- Yeast Infections
- Bloody Nose
- Altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
- Vomiting and Nausea
- Indigestion and Heartburn
- Weight gain
- Bloating, Fluid and Swelling
- Abdominal Cramps
- Acne and Mild skin
- Skin Discoloration
- Mild backache and Strain
- Increased Headaches
- Difficulty sleeping, and Discomfort while Sleeping
- Increased Urination and Incontinence
- Bleeding gums
- Breast Pain and Discharge
- Swelling of joints, Leg Cramps, Joint Pain
- Difficulty while sitting and standing
- Difficulty in taking medicines regularly
- Shortness of Breath
- High BP
- Losing hairs or increasing body and facial hairs
- Tendency to Anemia
- Curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
There are some permanent side effects of pregnancy as well, which are listed below.
- Stretch Marks
- Changes to Breasts
- Increasing Foot Size
- Varicose Veins
- Higher Risks of Alzheimer’s
These are all the reasons why a mother needs so much care in her maternity period. Some countries allow different vocational plans to these mothers as well. There are higher chances of anxiety and depression in new mothers due to their complex thinking. Mothers think too much about their new born babies which lead them to infinite traumas of depression and anxiety which becomes the cause behind their high blood pressure.
When maternity period starts, mom needs to get new clothes as well, because of their body shape. This is one of the reasons mothers from all around the world want some benefits as well as vocational plans in their maternity periods.
Here are some tips for maternity moms for their future baby and themselves.
- Don’t worry, you child will be all good.
- Your pregnant ankles will be fine sooner, so just chill.
- Try to take more naps than regular, which will help to control your BP.
- Don’t take it to your heart; your shoes will be fit again.
- Try to enjoy that beautiful skin of yours because you know it will not last longer.
- You know you will start losing your hairs so keep loving them.
- Try to read books and novels about C-Section and Delivery.
- Don’t take much pressure about anything, which can hurt your baby as well.
- Breastfeeding would be one of the best things / feelings you will ever feel.
One thing these moms needs to know that, whatever happen birth is going to happen sooner or later, so don’t worry about that. Giving birth to a baby can be a very overwhelming thing. Father of those new born babies should take good care of maternal mother and support them n different ways as well. Fathers can also face some kind of anxiety and depression too because they will have to pay for everything (you know. Right?). A fit father has more chances to make a good relation with his child than an unwell father. Researchers have shown that suicide rate in men who are going to be a father sooner is higher than other people and is increasing quickly. Some fathers try to be silent in that kind of matters and use drugs and alcohol as the solution to this problem or fear.
So, fathers and mother are both equally affected and responsible for any new born child, and they both should help each other in every problem.