Human health depends upon various vitamins, minerals and other supplements that provide energy to the body. Amino Acids are known as the building blocks of the body and give energy like the carbohydrates and the fats. As they carry nitrogen, so they are capable of forming the organs, tissues, skin, hair and muscles. They are rated as essentials for the human body because they regulate metabolic process of the body and they are the precursors of enzymes.
Uses or Benefits of Amino Acids
There are almost 200 Amino Acids that exist in the human body but out of that, 22 are called as proteinogenic. Many supplements are present in the market and help in building varied tissues or muscles of the human body that supports in the survival neither everything will eventually degrade. Here are some of the important uses of these acids for maintaining person’s health:
- Stronger Immunity: – Three common types of amino like Arginine, cysteine and glutamine helps in regulating the immune system of the body. While taking the food that is rich in amino acid will help in boosting the mechanism of the immune system, they target cancerous cells, improves the neurotransmission, etc.
- Improving the Strength and muscles: – Muscles are responsible for the movement of external and internal structures of the human body. The amino acid is responsible for physical movement, movement of involuntary muscles, providing strength to human body, digestion of food, etc.
- Provides better Skin, Hair and the Nails: – As people age, they experience hair fall or thinning of the hairs but most of the youngsters also experience this situation. The acids like Arginine, methionine, lysine, cysteine, proline and glycine helps in boosting the nails and skin beauty and also prevents hair loss in the people of every age.
Side Effects of Amino Acids
Most of the Amino Acids are said to provide healthy structure to the human body whereas others can cause bad effects on the human body. Here are some of the side effects that they cause to human health:
- Increase in Blood Pressure: – The amino acids like the Phenylalanine and the tyrosine increases blood pressure rapidly and can cause increased heartbeat, fatigue and dizziness. It is always recommended for the patients to consult their doctor before taking this supplement.
- Leads to Pulmonary Disease: – It is seen that if the person takes too much of cysteine then it may lead to the heart disease. It can happen that the body is not getting enough of oxygen that can lead to narrowing of the arteries, increasing blood pressure in lungs, etc. can lead to swelling in the heart or can trigger a heart attack.
- Effect on the Kidneys: – Kidneys regulate the balance of the acid and the base in the human body. It is seen that if the level of amino acid is increased in the body then it may lead to chronic kidney diseases as the level of protein becomes higher.
Lastly, it can be seen that though these body building blocks have many side effects but it also has many benefits that makes it perfect for consumption.